The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-04-2008, 03:39 AM   #1
VTKidder

Anyone want a free 1986 K2500 in Vermont??

I'm looking to unload my old plow truck, and figured I'd offer it up here before having the scrapyard guy come to haul it off; its a 1986 GMC K2500. I am going to remove the plow assembly, and the wheels/tires, but the rest of the truck goes. 350, TH400, 4.10's. The front sheet metal and cab are rough, but are still held together. The bed is pretty clean; dents here and there, but no rot. Dual tanks. I have a pair of inner and outer fenders that are both pretty decent, a Reese hitch and step n tow bumper with truck box in the bed that all go with it. Its not pretty, but with some carb work, it would work great for a work truck. I've just lost the time / patience to keep it going.

I have fought with a carb issue (edelbrock 1406) and brakes on the truck for a while, and now the alternator has ceased working. I'm going to put the wheel/tires and plow on my 1993 Suburban and let this truck go.

FREE to whoever wants it. It is located in Hinesburg, Vermont 05461, and would need to be trailered, or at least dollied.
VTKidder is offline   Reply With Quote