The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-14-2003, 02:28 AM   #1
greenhorn male

Thumbs up New forum member

Hi All... I came across this sight surfing the internet because I had purchased a '71 chevy K10 about a month ago and didn't know a thing about them except that I liked the body style. I spent hours reading the threads, collecting great information and trying to learn more about these trucks... Then I came across Jerry Moss's post where he included his phone # (same area code as mine). I gave him a call, told him what I bought, and asked him if he would take a look at my truck and tell me what he knows about it. He told me he was glad to, so I took a ride down to his place. What a great guy he was and really knows his stuff, too.

It was dark, so with flashlight in hand he popped the hood open and the first thing out of his mouth was: "Get rid of that Ford air cleaner", then "the heat riser is on the wrong side", "who buchered the A.C", etc, etc. Then he looked under the truck and immediately said: "who in the world swapped the T-case to a NP208" , then he commented about the shifter, which I don't remember but was not positive. Then we moved in the cab. I found out about the glove box decal...that this was once an auto, now a 4spd on the floor, had a non-AC glove box insert, hard to distinguish put together heater duct housing. In a few minutes time I have learned a lot and more than I wanted to know about my prize find. But, at least the body looked fairly straight, except for a little bubbling in the original paint. So I thought, until I started probing during daylight in the areas I learned to check but I won't bore you with the details.

Anyway, Jerry was very accomodating, showed me his collection of trucks and parts and a picture album, then sent me home with a spare guage cluster. What a guy! What a great forum with great forum members!

Luis
greenhorn male is offline   Reply With Quote