The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-17-2008, 09:30 PM   #1
72bigred

Just picked up a sweet deal, have a question.

Hi all, I have been lurking in the back ground for sometime picking up hints on my Blazer and admiring everyone's goodies here and I recently found myself in unfamilar territory.
I stumbled apon a deal I could not pass up. 1960 sb fleet that has had a ground up started and is totally dismantled. I figured I like puzzles although one this old I have not tackled before, and the big plus is my wife loves it so the cost will be soft on the ears compared to my blazer or my chevelle.

The only thing missing is the orig 6 and the 3 speed. I was thinking of putting a small block with 4 speed into her as it was a floor shift. From looking it appears the 6 mounted up front and that would probably have to be removed and some mounts added. Anyhow my question is what combination would be the easiest for me to drop in her with the least amount of mod's. I have a muncie along with a few sag's sitting around and a small block these are from late 60's early 70's chevelles. Would like to get some opinions from those of you who drive these as to a good combo, what tranny would fit the best etc. In the past I have worked with multiple, even did a TKO in my chevelle. I do love the big blocks myself although this will be driven by the ole lady and she panic's when my chevelle breaks loose under her so figure small block with some highway gears in the rear. Any and all info on the topic is greatly appreciated.

Skez
72bigred is offline   Reply With Quote