The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-26-2008, 01:52 AM   #1
Nomad88

Body mods for 86 c10

Hi everyone i was looking into doing some body work on my 86 c10. A little info. it is a fleet side and has some aftermaket parts under the hood mostly bolt on stuff (carb., intake, headers) also has aftermarket wheels and tires, and exhaust. I have never done body work before but im a fast learner, i can weld. The front driver side was wrecked so the outer and inner fender needs to be replaced so i figured i would do some body work in the process be4 i got it panted. This is going to be a few year project so all ideas and comments are welcome. Now on to what the form is really about. I was looking at shaving door handles, tailgate, antenna, and put a roll pan on the truck. The question ---> If anyone has replaced the inner and outer fender is difficult and any tips or tricks, also wit shaving door handles if anyone has any suggestions on parts to use and insulation. One more question im thinking about in the process of doing the body work to leave the truck primer, Is there a primer in a spray paint can that i can use that will hold, ( not concerned about looks) Thanks for reading i know it was long lol.
Nomad88 is offline   Reply With Quote