The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-26-2008, 11:36 PM   #1
eightbanger
454 MAKES IT ROAR

Question Electrical Question Re Fuel Gauge

Where do I start? I've had this 71 Cheyenne about 3 weeks now and im trying to get the most obvious faults delt with for now. My fuel gauge is not working, i've looked at he sender and all seems fine, I also am not sure were the needle should rest on the dial...if I fill it up is the needle supposed go all the way to were it is now in its stuck position? and when it is empty will it travel all the way back past the word empty to the bootom left of the dial? or should it just stop at the words FULL and EMPTY?

Here's the next part of this question, can anyone tell me from looking at the pics if these disconected wires at the fuse board are the problem, should the Orange wire go to the board where it says Fuel Gauge, or should it be the Pink one, or should they be joined and both go there????????

I have zero idea when it comes to electrics, and im not going to start touching things together under there until someone says I can.

Thanks.
eightbanger is offline   Reply With Quote