The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-30-2008, 12:53 PM   #1
HotGMC

Unhappy Starting Problem..Headache

ok, so i have had this starting problem for awhile now. the truck starts up fine, i go out , stop and start it mabye twice(but i dont think it has anything to do with heat, driving), and when i go and start it it gives me one little crank, and then just stops, and when i try it again, does the same thing but weaker.

First time i had it towed, they tested my battery and said it was good. then when i went and had it tested again, it was not stable enough to test.

I got a newbattery, started right up ran for awhikle, and later that day did the same thing. i finially had it towed to a shop for them to look at. they determined that was it my voltage regulator, and fixed it. said my starter and alternator was fine.

so i get my truck back, starts up, sounds like its running fine. i drive it for a few hours, start and stop it like 3 or 4 times. and on my last errand i finish it up, go to start it and the same thing happend. well i end up calling pep boys, i got my truck towed back there, and they said they will look into it..

They pretty much said they didnt notice anything else, besides that.. they check everything that has to do with the starting system.. Could it be some faulty wiring or something?

I dont think its a battery drain, because i have tried to jump it when it didnt start the second time, and with no avail, it did not work, one bit.

Should i just put in a new starter and see if somethin keeps happening with the current one.. it just seems to be the only thing i can of...

any advice would be helpful, thanks in advance, and sorry if it seems all jumbled.
HotGMC is offline   Reply With Quote