The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-01-2008, 10:07 AM   #1
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Ack, possibly another truck, make me stop

So today I was at a customers and across the street there is a 68 short stepper. Its been there quite awhile. No engine no trans. No glass. Going to need the usual rust repairs...maybe a little more. I didnt look that close to be honest. Ive seen this truck many times over the last couple of years, its just sitting.

Today I pull up and the owner is outside. I yelled to him...Hey when you gonna get that thing on the road. He proceeds to tell me he has this and that etc etc...the usual plans people have.

I said ok, I guess its not for sale then. Then he tells me he would take a grand for it. He told me its the rare stepside. I said it has potential but thats way too much money considering how much work it needs. He asks me to make an offer.

Man I do NOT need another truck. BUT (lol) I was considering low balling him and saying I might go 350 bucks for it.

68 Short step, no spare tire cut out...this could be cool..right? LMAO...if I dont pick this up Ill let you local guys know where its at.
CG is offline   Reply With Quote