The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-08-2008, 08:39 AM   #1
AceX
>130dB Moderator

I'm just gonna freak out, k?

So, as some of you know, my truck's frist show is this Friday at the Sacramento Autorama. It's going to be appearing in ARC Audio's booth at the show and will be seen struttin' with some super high end cars.

The set-up day for the show (I thought) was Thursday afternoon at around 4pm. I was at the shop that did the install on the stereo system yesterday and the guys from ARC Audio were telling them that they were trying to set everything up today at 4pm, not tomorrow.

So now I had 24 hours less to work on the truck and get it ready, so I made the decision to go straight from work, to my parents' place where I had planned to detail the truck. I get off @ 2am, sleep is for the weak, or sane, one of the two...

Anyway, I had laid down some blue painter's tape on the freshly painted rocker panels in order to protect them from any rock chips before the show. When I pulled the tape from the driver's side panel, the paint came with it. It was as if the new paint hadn't attached itself to the primer that was laid down.

Truck made an emergency trip to the body shop this morning at around 7am. 4 out of 10 of their employees called in sick today, and I still need to buff out the wheels and detail the interior before 4pm tomorrow. I probably won't get the truck back before 9am.

Sorry for the long story, but I'm kinda freakin' out, just a little |<--------->|

Wish me luck?

Friend. Father. Brother.
RIP El Jay

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CLICK HERE and for less than $0.07 a day, you too can help support and build a better forum.

Last edited by AceX; 02-08-2008 at 08:41 AM.
AceX is offline   Reply With Quote