The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-10-2008, 09:20 PM   #1
64shortc10

Here is my problem (Early Classic Ent.)

Ok so i'm alittle pissed off! About a month ago I ordered a set of conversion axles for my 64 from Early Classic. They were out of stock and would have to be drop shipped from their supplier, ok no big deal. The guy told me it would take about a week for them to make and ship the axles, again no big deal. So I wait and after two weeks I still have no axles. At this point i'm getting pretty antsy to tear into my truck, so I call and the guy at Early Classic. He tells me that the company made the wrong axles and it would be another week before I saw the correct pair, Thanks for calling me and letting me know? Another 7 days go by and I finally got the axles delivered.

So as of yesterday I got my truck all set up, tore apart. It feels good to work on it again, I dont even care I smell like gear oil. Everything came aprt smoothly when I try to install my new axles they dont fit the splines on the spider gears. I got my old axles and the new axles side by side and my old axles have 17 thick splines and the new have 30 splines. WTF? I call Early Classic and tell them the problem and the guy says right away you must have a 63 or 64 rear end? Yes I have a 64 chevy with the stock rear end which they new when I made the order. Then he tells me we dont sell conversion axles for 63 or 64 rear ends only 65-69. WTF? Why wasn't this said when I told you I had a 64 when first making the order?

So this is where i'm at... What to do? They said they would refund my money, but I stiil need 5 lug on the rear of my truck to match the front. Do I find a 65-69 rearend and install the new axles? Do I find a wider 70-72 5 lug rearend and return the axles? Can I use the spider gears from a 65-69 rear with the correct spines in my 64 rear? HELP ME PLEASE!

Later Tony from Norcal
Attached Images

64shortc10 is offline   Reply With Quote