The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-18-2008, 06:10 AM   #1
84 400
Sb 400 club

Lightbulb Project Revival

Well it has been a while since I posted. I have been some what distracted and my truck has sat for too long....... well okay maybe not too long by most standereds but long enough for my family. I got this 84 c10 the first month of my senior year of highschool. I had it on the road and used it off and on through out that year. It was not my first c10( had an 85) but it was the first truck I owned that I really liked. Anways by the end of highschool it only saw carshow duty or the ocasional trip to the lake for the dogs to go swimming. Then she was prepped for winter storage and not driven since. I started it up this past summer and the waterpump was leaking and the tranny lost most of its fluid. Well I had other projects so i just left it in there. I know its not that long to sit but it is comming up on two years now. Well I had a lifted keep to get road ready only to find the frame was shot. Then i bought a few more tractors to restore and help fund the jeep. Once i sold the jeep after finding the frame issue i bought a 1956 willys wagon(long story). The 327 in the willys was seazied so i bought a 1962 willys parts truck for its 350 chevy motor. Well the willys took my trucks spot and It is time to get the old "blacky" going again.

The plan:
New water pump
Reseal entire transmission ( maybe a new torque converter or manual valve body)
Repaint the radiator
Put in some speakers(has radio but no speakers)
pull motor and tranny
New motor mounts (polly re enforced ones since the rubbers got ripped by the SBC 400)
Repaint engien bay
patch and undercoat the inner fenders
New weather stripping
Rear hoosier's or M/T drag radials
Some other little things

Other possible changes:
12 bolt 4:10 govlock rear end
Muncie 4 speed

I plan to get it leagal over March break so that i can go pick up a boat i built when i was in highschool. Then it will come off the road so i can pull the motor.
Again maybe not the biggest build but thought i would share what i am doing and maybe give some neat tricks or tips. The 1956 willys sat for 30 inside before i got it and I don't wanna see my truck doing the same. I know how much you all like pictures so here you go

The jeep(1989yj) with the rotted frame:

The 56 willys 28,000 orginal miles before we removed it from its resting place:

The 56 willys was full of nuts we found a dead mouse in the 327's cylander head:

First sun in 30 years:

My trucks as of this fall not the large pool of coolent I hate it sitting outside:

oh and here is the parts truck with the 78 chevy 350 Reading builds on here really motivated me to start to restore the willys for my dad
Attached Images

1980 Corvette L-48 4 speed
1992 Mustang GT built 5.0 5 speed

1985 C10 LWB Sold
1982 K10 SWB plow truck Parted out
1986 D30 M1028 fire brush truck Parted out

Last edited by 84 400; 02-18-2008 at 06:47 AM.
84 400 is offline   Reply With Quote