The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-19-2003, 09:46 PM   #1
Project1970
14.1 @ 96MPH

How fast do you think we could do it?

Well?

Oh, build a truck of course!!

Just a random thought I had last night. Somehow, some stuff from the Factory Five brochure popped into my head (Factory Five makes Cobra replica kits that use an '87-'93 Mustang as the donor car...you end up with a really nice looking Cobra, that runs like a new car, for a lot less money and work than most of the others...anyway) where they mentioned that they've had groups assemble cars in a few days for fun before...

And it got me thinking...

Let's say we got a decently large group of people from the board together, with all of the funds and/or parts needed to do a frame-up...how quickly do you think we could do it?

I'm not saying we should necessarily (though it would be fun); we'd probably spend a week discussing whether it should be a short or longbed, two or four wheel drive, lifted, stock, or lowered, cut the dash or not, fuel injected or carbeureted, discs or drums or drums plus kevlar, leaf or coil, Chevy or GMC, '67 or '70 or '72...small block Chevy or 500 cube Caddy...stick or manual...

Hell, I bet the only things we'd agree on would be an HEI and a sway bar! LOL...

Just food for thought.

Last edited by Project1970; 01-19-2003 at 10:12 PM.
Project1970 is offline   Reply With Quote