The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-21-2008, 12:22 AM   #1
Yukon Jack
Post Whore

Thought I'd put my 10,000th post where my first post began

10,000 posts ago I bought my 69 K20 back in about February, I'm guessing, of 2000. It had a mighty 307 V-8 and I knew next to nothing about the 67-72 Chevy trucks, but I had a strong desire to own one after slobering over a friend's 1970 C30 converted to 4wd.

I was a little concerned about running unleaded fuel in an older vehicle so I started searching on Yahoo (I'm pretty sure it would have been Yahoo) for the answer to whether I needed to worry about the lead issue. I came across this rather small board and found I needed to register to post a question which brought me to the problem of what screen name to use. At the time I had a 1995 GMC Yukon that I totally dug and I kind of like the west and so I'm sitting there thinking what could my screen name be and I thought, Yukon Jack. Yep, that will work. So I registered and entered the 67-72chevytrucks.com cult - I must say my life changed at that point.

I put out my post asking if I needed to worry about using unleaded gas in my 307 and wasn't long before that question was answered and I had loads more questions that followed.

Slowly I started to learn more and more to the point where I could actually start answering some of other people's questions.

Along the way my 69 K20 has turned from rough farm truck that I loved to drive to what it is today - I've enjoyed it equally no matter what shape it was in. This board has always, and I mean ALWAYS been able to answer my questions and even lead me to the purchase of my 70 K5 (a boardmember happened to post a link to a for sale post on a Texas fishing board).

I've met a number of board members and Barn9 (who I met through this board) even drove with me to Dallas, Texas to pick up the 70 K5 with the threat of an ice storm awaiting our arrival back in Kansas. I can't even count the number of boardmembers who sold or gave me a part for my trucks. Heck, I even had a boardmember on the east coast give me a 4 speed tranny and adapter that I needed for my Rockwell transfer case. He went to the trouble of making a crate and took the transmission to the shipping company, all he asked was for me to cover the shipping.

To all the boardmembers, thanks for helping me with all my stupid (and not so stupid) questions.

To Josh - thanks for taking the time to start and run this board and giving all you give to us!

Here's my 69 when I first bought it

And of course my 70 K5, this was loading it up in Texas, right before the entertaining trip back to Kansas

Yukon Jack is offline   Reply With Quote