The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-20-2003, 10:58 AM   #1
BigRed

Got the donor truck!!

Well, my buddy and I finally went to pickup the donor truck this weekend. It's a 1978 Chevy 1/2 ton LWB Custom Deluxe. There is no serious rust, just some surface rust. The body is straight, no dents at all!. The cab is totally rust free!

Here's the link for some pictures. I'm going to get some under-the-hood pics later today and will add them to the page.

http://www.shelbournes.net/trucksite/donor_truck.htm

Oh, and here are the pics of my rust. http://www.shelbournes.net/trucksite/rusty_pics.htm

For anyone that doesn't know, I got this truck to swap the cab onto mine. My floor boards, cab pillars, doors, front fenders, and cab corners are rusted to the point it's not worth fixing. Along with the cab I will also be taking the front fenders, dash cluster, glove box, doors, and front bumper (not shown in pictures) off of the donor to put on mine. This truck is a non-ac truck like mine so some of the heater components may be salvaged too.

My buddy is keeping this truck at his place and will also be taking some parts. We got this truck from a friend of his for FREE! That's the best part about it. Not sure if we'll be parting out what we don't use but will definitely post here if we do.

I'm excited but boy, do I have my work ahead of me now!!!

Last edited by BigRed; 01-20-2003 at 11:56 AM.
BigRed is offline   Reply With Quote