The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-22-2008, 10:38 PM   #1
The Big Green

How much can a 67 C10 pull safely?

I know they are a 1/2 ton pickup but wont coil springs on a 41 year old truck but weaker than a new 1/2 Chevy? Thats why I just don't know what I can do with it. I will start working on my 67 in the next week or so. So far this pickup hasn't change for 12 years and its time. I have a '01 Dodge Dakota cc with a 408 stroker and I would just love to pull it to the races with my old Chevy. What would people think about a old beater Chevy pulling a pretty new Dakota? Anyways, I will be putting it on a 16ft trailer and the truck itself is about 4500lbs and its with a 4.7v8 when it was new so its still right at that same weight. I know the engine will pull it with no problems but the truck is a different story. If it wont hold up, is there anything I can do to make it? air bags to help keep it level? or maybe if I can convert it to leaf springs? I'm not sure but I thought the 1 tons or 3/4 tons may have had leaf springs under them. Any help would be great because I'm lost.
The Big Green is offline   Reply With Quote