The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-23-2008, 07:09 AM   #1
64Magoo

What Should I Do

My friend recently blew his fan through (cut really, not through) his radiator in an '89 K2500. He got the thing from his mom originally so he paid nothing and he came up on a good deal for good price, thus he sold me the truck for $500. The interior is excellent, 180k on the clock, minor paint blemishes, no rust, runs great, 350sbc etc. The truck is worth at least $2000 if I put the new radiator and fan in for a couple hundred bucks. My question is this:
A. Should i get the truck drivable and sell it for around 2k, then put the money towards lowering my '64 c20 and adding disk brakes?
B. Should i use the truck for parts for my '64? I don't know what will fit from his to mine. I would like the brakes, the seats would be nice, I don't know if the AC or power steering from the 89 would fit the 64 but maybe?

What do you guys think the best way to go would be? What parts from the 89 would fit Magoo?
64Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote