The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-21-2003, 03:07 PM   #1
ablack

'72 GMC Suspension setup and vendors

OK.... so after looking around previous posts and asking a couple of questions myself, I think I know the setup I'm going to go with, but I want to double-check this setup and also get some info on vendors.

I have a '72 GMC w/leafs and I have decided to go with a 2.5/4" drop using the 4" drop leafs, 2.5 drop spindles and I'm guessing from what I have read that I should probably go with the shock relocators for the rear? So that brings up the questions...

1) Does this sound like a good setup to consider?
2) What about front shocks? I am assuming if I use a 2.5" drop spindle I will want shorter shocks? (I don't remember where the top mount is off the top of my head, so maybe this is a non-issue)
3) What vendors would you go with. I was thinking of Early Classic Enterprises since they are pretty close to home, but I've found the springs about $50 cheaper elsewhere. Are there any vendors you guys would avoid?

Thanks for the help guys... I'll get this thing back on the road yet...

Alan
Elk Grove, CA
ablack is offline   Reply With Quote