The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-04-2008, 12:34 PM   #1
berencam

engine heads mismatched...

the block is a 350 (original 1970 block) but the heads are off a 80-85 305 with 53 cc chambers (head # 14014416) is this going to cause issues with anything? also the p.o. told me the cam was 'too big' for the motor. Now i firstly question the validity of his statement, but if that is the case, im assuming he means the lopes have to much lift?

i posted earlier with freeze plug issuse, i replaced both the freeze plug under the starter and the one under the drivers motor mount.(just for the guys that helped me on that thread) but i wanted to touch back on it. I had asked the question about the vacuum thing on the t400 auto trannys, and was told it needed hooked into the intakes vacuum hole. The problem here is i thought thats where the brake boosters vacuum line goes. can i cut that line and add a T, or is there a second vacuum spot on the intake i dont see.