The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-05-2008, 11:33 PM   #1
Madmandav
Madmandav

New guy from KY

First off I want to say this board is awesome. I have been a reader for a while and recently got my puter straight so I decided to join. I have had my '70 c/10 longbed now for about 8 years and have been SLOWLY working on it. What started as a simple "spruce up" has now turned into a full blown frame off. I have never done anything like this before and hope that I have not bitten off more than I can chew.

As of now, the frame and suspention is off being sandblasted. All the bodywork is "done" with the exception of the cab corners and rockers which I am waiting to get the frame back together to have the cab mounted with doors hung before I commit to a placement of them.

As far as "upgrades" I aquired a '95 LT1/4l60e about 4 years ago out of a buick roadmaster with 66K miles on it. I have all new 4 wheel disc brakes, front and rear sway bars, 1/3 drop springs all ordered from CCP, very slow to ship. It has been a month since ordering and the last of the components, front springs and shocks are said to arrive today. I am changing from 6 to 5 lug setup. I am still in need of 2 5 lug 30 spline axles if anyone wants to swap for my 6 lug, would be great. Most likely go with a vintage air setup as well.
Body mods, all seams have been smoothed out, weld dimples smoothed, trim shaved, tank hole in cab filled. Want to go with the hidden filler behind side marker light thanks to idea from this board.

Hopefully I don't step on any toes here as I am not real familiar with the proper "board etiquet" just yet.
Attached Images

http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=287407
'72 Chevy longbed
'70 Chevy longbed (million pieces)(FROSTBITE)
'79 Monte Carlo
'07 Chevy HHR
'00 Yamaha V-star
'05 Monte Carlo SS Supercharged
Madmandav is offline   Reply With Quote