The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-22-2003, 12:11 AM   #1
70cst

Unhappy To Cam Or Not To Cam

No one has ever said I was the brightest crayron in the box, but I'm going to eventually get the right cam in my truck. Know what I mean? When I bought my truck I thought I was wise enough to pick out the correct cam...as I had part of my engine rebuilt...but nooooo. The motor shop said they had a Comp cam in stock that was similiar to the one I wanted so I said go ahead. Wrong Wrong Wrong! I picked up the truck and found out it was to radical for the truck and the shop guy said I should have installed stall converter. Gee I thought....why did you not tell me that when you did the initial work on the truck? Not going to be burnt twice I took the truck home and bought another cam per Summitt's recomendation that was milder and they said I should get a stall converter. Ok I thought...this time I will get it right. I ordered the parts and I had a friend do the work who has built various rods during his liftime. I got the truck back and...Wrong Wrong Wrong!! I'm to old to have the neck breaking shifts of a 402BB. I want the nice smooth shift so my neck won't get broke during shifts. Plus my wife was not overly impressed and you know what they say...A happy wife makes for a happy truck. So now I have a tamer more friendly cam (Lunati) that I will get installed in a couple weeks that will use the stock converter. The good news is Joe is taking trade on the cams and stall converter I don't want. I'm sure I'm not the only cam deficient truck owner in this crowd. I know, I know. I should of asked you all first. But the thrill of loosing money and my hair was more then I could resist. HEHEHE
Regards,
70cst

YES,YES,YES My Lunati Cam has just arrived and I'm ready for round three. This is a battle of Man vs Machine HEHEHE. So far the Machine is ahead 2-0 but the battle isn't over yet. I've just begun! Stay tuned as Man again takes on the Machine. My Machine is about to be Lunatized!!!
70cst
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote