The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-08-2008, 10:00 AM   #1
**grumpy**

Talk me out of it

I know I haven't been around here for real long, but....

I lost my job at GE after 13yrs due to plant closing. We're selling our house because it's just too expensive, and I'll never make that kind of money again.

My truck is in pieces in the garage, with all my tools, cabinets and other stuff I brought home from work before our last day.

I need a truck to haul some stuff while moving, and I thought about selling the project and buy a beater.
My wife says I should throw it together since I have 90% of the stuff, and use it.

I just don't have any interest. I walk out there and look at it, and go back inside.

I'm stressed about work, selling to avoid losing my house, having to pack up and move from the only home my kids have ever known.

My head is spinning.

Just a FYI incase you have no idea what truck I have.
It's a 64 short/fleet. 250-6, 3spd. I already did a 7" notch, made 2" blocks, bought new ubolts.
I have 4 slam bags, 8 parker valves, 5-gal tank, kp gauges, front plates and cups, switches.
I need to use my York compressor, or buy an electric Viair, and I need some 4-flat wire, and airline.

I don't have alot in the truck, compared to alot of people. It was to be my daily driver / cruiser / old style "shoptruck".

I keep wanting to just sell it, and buy a beater 70's longbed to drive, and my wife, thinking I'll regret it later once things settle, keeps pushing me to just put this together. Maybe not as I planned to do, but make it a bagged driver.

I get on here, read what everyone is up to on their's, and feel like I should push on. Then I wake up in the morning and everything hits me again, and I can't go out there.

Sorry for rambling on, venting my troubles. It's been a hectic few weeks.
**grumpy** is offline   Reply With Quote