The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-22-2003, 02:22 AM   #1
gchemist
BAD BOW-Silverado XST

Red face Aluminum wheel backspacing.

Anyone here have any aluminum wheels with different backspacing? I'm curious if the outer edges are different for spoke models. For example take a look at my wheels in the picture below in my signature. I like the wheels but the front wider stance is killing my tires. I'm currently looking for infomation from the vendor or any other supplier of these PMR-068 wheels. I want a different backspacing for the front to tuck in the tires but I don't want to sacrifice the current "face" width of the wheel ring where the valve stem is located. These wheels have plenty of core center that I could probably have them shaved a little to tuck the wheels. However the weight handling characteristics will change. Since the difference between the back stance and the front is 1", Im thinking 1/2-3/4" shaved or backspacing change should tuck the tires under the fenders better.

If anyone has different back spacings for a smiliar aluminum wheels please let me know if the face ring size changes.

I'll be looking for new tires here really soon. Probably 245 this time around. The 235's are just to small for the 8" wheel.