The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-20-2008, 06:48 PM   #1
scapegoat

Looking at a 69 c/10 stepside for a hot rod project... questions before purchase

Hey all, as the title states... I'm looking at a couple of 69's for a hot rod project, lowered, big block, possibly f/i (actually would love to do a turbo diesel for this) slicks, etc etc etc... the usual stuff...

One of the trucks i'm looking at is a 4x4 and the other is 2wd, both in excellent shape with a price difference of about 2k, with the 2wd being more expensive.

As the intention would be to replace the rear end w/ something more suitable for... we'll say 500-600whp, would it really matter which of the two trucks I purchase as the drivetrain and engine will be replaced?

Obviously, the major difference would be in the front suspension between the two trucks, correct? (after the engine and rearend are done) I'd have to swap everything from the 4x4 front end out with a 2wd front end. What about the steering linkage, etc...

both trucks are 100% stock and appear to be in great condition from the images I was given. Both w/ 6cyl and I believe 4 speeds... so the only real difference is the drivetrain
scapegoat is offline   Reply With Quote