The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-22-2008, 04:52 PM   #1
closer9

5 or 6 speed manual tranny?

Hey, all...

I'm thinking about buying a '69 SWB from a friend. I've always wanted this style of truck in a short bed, and now have an opportunity to pick up a pretty clean truck.

I don't really need another project or vehicle, but I like the idea of having a vehicle where if I want something for it, its just a matter of which one, and how do I want to pay. My other two vehicles are a '67 Belvedere convertible (nearly finished with a restomod?), and a '77 El Camino (not fully restored, but not original either), which aren't exactly easy to find parts for. and I want a manual transmission again, but the Camino is going to be a bit of a challenge to get a manual OD tranny in, and I just don't think the Belvedere needs one (although, Keisler makes it easy)...

So, long story short, anyone here put a 5 or 6 speed manual in their truck? If so, did you piece it together or buy a kit, and what tranny did you use? Hydraulic clutch? What rear gears?

thanks! just looking for options, and trying to find out as much about these trucks as I can before I make a decision...
closer9 is offline   Reply With Quote