The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-24-2008, 10:34 PM   #1
monstergarage87

Its a '45 with my own twist, but hope you guys still like it

Well, i dont have anything new enough to post on the board so i thought i could post pics of my '45 chevy roadster that ive been working on for a while with one of my friends. So heres where the story begins...

2 years ago we bought a '39/'40 1.5 ton truck from a kid we went to school with and we needed a frame. So this past summer when we were strolling through a wrecking yard, we spotted this beauty. The frame was solid so we couldnt pass it up. Sold the 283, saginaw 3 speed and '56 car rear out of it and recouped the money we put down on the truck. And while we were stripping the truck down to the bare frame, we didnt feel good about just scrapping the cab, thought we could do something with it. So we ended up cutting the roof off, channeling the floor and a whole slew of other things. Hope you guys like what we did to save another piece of iron from becoming cheap chinese steel.

monstergarage87 is offline   Reply With Quote