The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-25-2008, 04:57 AM   #1
Northbound

Hello from Eastern Ontario

Hello there all, or maybe y’all, from Eastern Ontario. I’ve been reading this web forum for a few weeks, … ever since I thought about buying a ’71 GMC I found on the internet about a month ago.

Well I bought it, ... from pictures that the guy sent me, without really knowing much about it ‘cept it runs, and looks good in pictures (for a ’71 that is). I have essentially bought the truck in AZ, and am going down to pick it up at the end of April.

A little history:
I started working as an apprentice auto mech right out of HS in 1974, so I grew up with these things. If I’ve overhauled one Q-jet I’ve overhauled a thousand. I’ve been wanting something like this for a while. I kinda miss these things; it actually has a distributor with points and condenser (I’m going to have to dust of my dwell meter if I can find it) and a carburetor. Up here there are very few of these old things left, even in old barns; … the road salt works’em over good.

In any case I am having it looked at by a local garage in Tucson tomorrow, with a view to seeing if it can be made roadworthy for the end of April 2500 mile trip home. In any case, if any of you New Mexicans, Texans, Oklahomans, Ohioans(??) or anyone else sees an old green GMC by the side of the road the last week in April, with a Canadian lying under it, and a little woman sitting in the cab reading a woman’s magazine, … stop and help a feller out would ya.

Cheers
Mark
Attached Images

Last edited by Northbound; 03-25-2008 at 04:59 AM.
Northbound is offline   Reply With Quote