The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-25-2008, 07:15 PM   #1
bguild

door closing alignment issues..

I have a 67 truck that I just got some good used doors for.. I have the front clip off and I am getting ready to repair the cab.. I put my new doors on to make sure I could get them aligned with the cab floors bad.. I want to make sure when I start welding the floor that my cab isnt out of wack and its aligned right.. I just bolted them up and the door is hitting the striker plate on the cab.. I played with it a little and its like the cab is out of true and the doors are a 1.4 off --- the seem to be way to far fwd and the just hit the metal of the plate and the will not close.. They do it on both sides so it almost is like I am doing something wrong.. I am tempted to buy a better cab anyway and want to make sure I should do that. Please let me know your suggestions because I will have time tomorrow night to play with them and I want to make sure my cab isnt f'd up before i weld my floors. I am a rookie at this and have never aligned doors so I know its just me screwing up but who knows maybe this is rusted beyond repair.
bguild is offline   Reply With Quote