The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-27-2008, 05:19 AM   #1
bl705k

door alignment issues

Hey everybody, Picked up two new tri plus doors last week. Been having a hell of a time tring to hang them. Started with driver side first. Old door was scraping the rocker in the front corner but everything else looked reasonable. I have done thread research reguarding this issue and seems to me the body mounts play a big role in door alignment. Mine look like fairly new with no dry rot. I thought the worst I would have to shim the hinges like I have on trucks before. Well the new door doesnt come close to closing. The pillar hits the top making the bottom front of the door fall below the rocker. So I took a measurement from top of pillar to top of the door on new and old. The new door is high by 3/8. Should I just bend it down or cut the weld at the front of the door and have it tacked after fitting. I know aftermarket sheetmetal is fair at best so I'm somewhat prepared for this challenge. Any suggestions appreciated.
bl705k is offline   Reply With Quote