The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-29-2008, 09:32 PM   #1
SOON2BLAZE
Account Suspended

Holy crap it fits!

Finally got around to stuffing the motor home 454 in the blazer. It had about 5k on the ticker from a short block rebuild. Hooked it up to an NP A 833 4sp OD trans. I used a auto trans cross member and POL tubular engine mounts. No firewall/ HEI issues and it used all factory holes for the trans/engine mounts ( I was worried I would need to get under there to redrill holes for the trans crossmember). Even the factory Hurst shifter that came stock on these tranmissions is a perfect fit. Now to pull it all out for cleaning and paint. The tired old 350 was leaking bad before it came out. I found a F*** 9" 5x5 disc brake rear thats on it's way from Cali tomorrow. Some new perches, gears and a shortened aluminum driveshaft and I'll be back on the road. Why the F*** rear end? Discs, gearing,1.5" wider then the 12 bolt and $300. with new pads,hoses and rotors. I'll post more as it happens. Sorry the pics kinda suck, I was in a hurry.
Attached Images

Last edited by SOON2BLAZE; 03-29-2008 at 11:52 PM. Reason: pics
SOON2BLAZE is offline   Reply With Quote