The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-02-2008, 09:05 AM   #1
RamAirZ

Fix long bed or make into short bed?

Well guys, when I get moved to minnesota in June, I will be starting work on my 67'. I haven't seen it in person, but from talking to my brother-in-law, there is some bad rust right above the wheel wells, seems to be some in the bed, the wood is decent but old and would need replaced of course, and he said there is a nice size dent (thinks it might be able to pull out). I'm debating if I should fix the long bed that is there and replace the wood etc, or should I shorten the frame and make it into a SWB truck. If I did that I would use a step-side bed from an 88-98 as they are a dime-a-dozen in the yards and fairly cheap and can be found in great shape. That and they line up with the body lines pretty decent from the pics I've seen. I would also try to round the wheel openings to match original, and I would keep the original taillights instead of using the newer style (just slap LED's in the originals). Opinions? Here are a few pics of the truck and bed

RamAirZ is offline   Reply With Quote