The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-09-2008, 09:54 PM   #1
Jerblazer72

Should I replace body mounts first, then begin cancer repair?

G,uys,
As I have read about lining up body parts (doors, fenders, etc) I have gathered that the top needs to be on, but also that the body mounts are crucial in proper fitment and alignment. I have major repairs to do on my 72 CST as far as body goes (rocker boxes, inner and outer rockers, a and b pillar, front cab mounts, floor, etc,) you name it and I probably need to replace it. My question for you all is should I take everything off down to frame and then put the tub and such back on using new body mount kit and then replace the sheetmetal once it is back on the frame? I figure I only get one chance at this deal and I want to do it right the first time and not create a trainwreck from doing things out of order.

I am certain many of you have been down the path that I am beginning and appreciate any insight you can provide. Thanks in advance for your advice!
Jerblazer72 is offline   Reply With Quote