The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-10-2008, 02:44 AM   #1
Slammed70

Well....

I know I havent been making friends on the boards lately, and alot of that is related to my truck being a pain, nothing seems to work. And I have a drinking problem apparently, though Im considering seeking help with that. And I would like to apologize for anything Ive said and done. Im not asking for forgiveness....just wanted to say Im sorry.

On a good note though, I finally got my truck running. The "Old guy" from one of my previous posts who also happens to be my neighbor came over and helped me get it running. To this day neither one of us know whats wrong with it. Once he was there it just started up. Then he spent hours going over my truck pointing out things that needed attention. And criticized me heavily for it, though I think he could have been kinder a bout it I am grateful.

Now Im just saving up for tires, Ive been recently laid off and and having a tough time with my funds. So driving it might not be a viable option for a while. But the cam is broken in and seems to be fine after what I done to it. Nothing leaks other than the valve covers(pulled then off to set the valves while running)

But shes running and driving, runs well too...really well. You "old guys" really are a godsend. And Im forever grateful to your kind or generation or whatever you prefer to be called. The cam sounds beautiful and the gear drive is even sexier sounding. I took her down to the carwash to wash off the greasy fingerprints from crawling in and out from underneath, and get the oil from setting the valves off, and everyone staired and seemed curious. I love it and am happy with it. Im not yet used to it yet though, moving from the '04 GTP back to it is a vast difference. But Ill adjust soon.

Again Im sorry, and the truck is running.

Slammed70(Mitch)-