The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-10-2008, 04:23 AM   #1
JohnnyBad

V8 conversion from 250 6 questions

Okay, I've read a bunch of posts but can't seem to find what I am looking for.

The truck is a 67 short box that I've had for about 25 years. Slept most of it's life in a heated garage. Still has the original 250, 83K miles now.

Bought a rebuilt 350 a number of years ago. It has been on the engine stand in the garage since. As time goes by, the I am coming to realize the parts are probably worth more than the whole based on date codes etc. but i think I'll give a shot at putting it in anyhow. I told the wife all I really wanted to do was spin the tires down the street once as I missed out on that as a kid. The block is a 350 4 bolt with a 70 date code, and flattops. It came with a rebuilt set of 202 heads, also 70's vintage.

Questions - do I have to replace the 250 engine mounts with a set from a V8? It also has the original powergride. Does anything have to be changed from a mounting perspective to drop in a turbo 350? Does a cable gas pedal set up bolt right into the 67 or does it need modifications? If so I'm looking for one.

Also looking for alternator brackets. I had a buddy give me a engine compartment wiring harness from a V8 that I was going to utilize in the swap (about 15 yeears ago). Is there anything else that I need to take into consideration (besides the rad) to do the swap. Sorry for the long winded message.
JohnnyBad is offline   Reply With Quote