The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-2008, 12:37 AM   #1
streetstar

havin a blast with my (new?) beater

Picked up a '69 long bed 2 days ago finally that i had posted a week ago to get the boards opinion on pricing, etc. (it had been on okc CL forever -- guess patina'ed longbeds get no love)

This thing looks like a paw paw mobile on the outside, but it runs awesome -- better than i expected. Will post some more pics when the Oklahoma monsoon stops and i can crawl under it. But not having driven a vehicle with front drums and manual steering in a while --- i had to get used to thinking ahead when i drove

307 (i assume), 2 barrel and a TH350 trans. (i was actually relieved it didnt have the th 400 -- a 350 can be coaxed to get better gas mileage than the 400) It will chirp the tires if you want, but with this truck, whats the point. I would like to get 13 or 14 mpg, so i have a very light foot.

I'll post more pics later, but plans for now are to get the "interior refresh" kit from LMC, (seat cover, dash pad, door panels and rubber floor mat), and put in some fresh bed wood and enjoy.
The body is in good enough condition that it could be re-painted and replace the side trim for a minimal outlay (whatever that is) later on for a country boy resto (not body off), but for now, i may try to seal the "patina'ed" spots to keep them from turning into rust and just enjoy something that i won't shed a tear over if it gets scratched. (except the grill shell and frt bumper -- they are pristine, and i will be upset if anything happened to them, based on the latest prices i saw for a repop shell in LMC - ouch)

PS -- if any of you has these old wheels, could you give me some center cap suggestions? being a 69, they are 6 lug (the PO stated that he couldnt find any "push thru" caps to fit it-- but i wonder how hard he looked)

Nonsense! I'm in my prime

Last edited by streetstar; 04-11-2008 at 12:40 AM.
streetstar is offline   Reply With Quote