The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-2008, 04:42 AM   #1
dieselarmy13
Phone's ringin Dude.

Almost ready!

Slowly, but surely, I've been getting my truck to the point where I'm not embarrased to drive her. It all started last Feb, when I, on total impulse, bought this beauty, sight unseen, off of evilBay. I was deployed at the time, so I couldn't look at it, but he was willing to drive it 250 miles, and my parents house was 237 away, so I hit the good ol Buy It Now! Stupid me! When I got home to see it in December, I realized I hadn't got such a good deal, but at this point was already in too deep. I had already ordered a CPP 2.5 drop/slotted spindle kit and a bunch of other random stuff for it, so when I got home, I got three weeks worth of partying out of my system and worked on the truck for my last few days of leave.
Here's what I started with:

The brakes were a little crusty, but in good shape, but I already had the stuff to change them.

Next came the seat. Randy (teeitup) really came through for me on this one. It's nice having him right down the road! I hated to see the van seats go, but oh well.

Now that brings me to last weekends progress. She was sitting with a real mean redneck rake, so the rear had to go down. After much research, I ordered a DJM flip kit and 8" monster notch from Stylin trucks. I didn't get the notch in time, but the flip kit came. The DJM kit was great! Most flip kits are for 73 and up trucks, and while they work, these are designed for 2-1/4" leaves. I also pulled one leaf. It sits alright for now, but with all of my junk loaded up in the back, she sits real nice (last photo), so I think I'm going to go 2" more, via shackles. She also got a few panels rattle canned!

Right now, the truck is about four hours away from me at my parents, and I only get to run home and work on it every now and then. All in all, I only have about four weekends of true work into her. One more weekend for final alignment and some small stuff, and she should be my DD!

2003 SILVERADO SS--THE NEW GIRL

1972 GMC--THE OLD GIRL
dieselarmy13 is offline   Reply With Quote