The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-17-2008, 04:51 AM   #1
72BlckButy
Tot Roddin'

Question Bench Seat Mounting/Adjustment Questions???

Okay guys... I've cleaned up the factory bench I picked up from Teeitup, and now I need to mount it in the truck. The PO (x2) installed a late model F### seat in the truck, and drilled two new holes, which is about to be removed. I still have the original floor board in the truck so it still has the correct mounting locations.

While looking in an LMC catalogue, their picture displays using the same bolts to mount the seat to the floor, as well as the brackets to the seat. Is this correct? Does the floor mounts have threads? Or do I need a bolt that will be long enough to accomodate a washer and nut? If anyone has one of their catalogues it's on pg 48 in the second block marked bench seat components.

Also, both seat brackets work great, but I'm missing the connect "rod" between the two, it's supposed to allow the seat to move forward and backward. Where do I find one of these, or what can I use to make this feature functional?

I know you guys like pictures... but I will have them up in a few days.

Thanks in advance!
Nate

1969 CST SWB - Project Blank Slate (4.5/6" ECE Static Drop, 6-lug disc brake upgrade (manual), Billet Specialties Vintec 20x8.5 255/40 (F) 20x10 295/40 (R), 250 I-6)
1960 AMF Skylark - Tot Roddin' (Lowered with custom frame; soon to include custom push bar and interior)
2008 Silverado CrewCab 1LT (5.3L, 3:73, 4x4, LT1, Z-71, Towing Package)
72BlckButy is offline   Reply With Quote