The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-21-2008, 04:06 AM   #1
Toddmac

Unhappy I need help....I'm stuck :(

Hi gang,
I was going to replace the window reg on my sons 67 pickup and I prob made a mistake...or two. The regulator wont allow the window to go down/up at all. So I removed the 4 screws holding the assembly to the door and it apparently moved. I can't get the window down other than about 2 inches and of course everything shifted and no bolt holes will align for the regulator to allow me to back track.
My understanding is I need the window down and then I can remove the wing window and go from there. Nothing will budge and I can't seem to get the reg to move enough to align..it wants to crawl inside the door basically.
Ideas? I am open to most that don't involve a blow torch at this stage. I am just replacing the small reg assembly, rollers and felt. So I am wanting to avoid damaging the rest of the tracks etc..not to mention the gold plated wing window assembly..LOL
Thanks for any help!! Todd

I should add that I read the post with all the pics..excellent but my regulator is apparently broke completely and will not move the window at all....grrrrrrrrr It spins fairly easily. I have thought about cutting the shaft off which will allow it to fall inside the door perhaps but I am holding that idea till I get some feedback. Anyone else had this kind of wonderfull luck??

Last edited by Toddmac; 04-21-2008 at 04:41 AM.
Toddmac is offline   Reply With Quote