The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-22-2008, 05:08 AM   #1
b8er

needing some help with a tranny problem

hey guys, names Tyson and iv been around the site for awhile but havent posted anything yet. iv done a little search but really didint find any awnsers for my problem, i have a 69 gmc 1/2 ton with a 250 L6. the problem is with the tranny and clutch, the man who owned the truck before me swaped out the 3 speed and put in a 5 speed. Its a borg werner 5 speed out of a 82-82ish s10/blazer sorta vechile. iv had the truck for awhile now and the clutch disk anti-vibratoin springs exploded one day so i went to replaced the clutch and ran into some problems.
i had to use the original flywheel and a new clucth pressure plate for the 69 gmc but then had to use a clutch fiber disk for the 82ish tranny because the splines have to be the same, after installing everything the clutch doesnt wanna fully disingage. with the motor running, tranny in gear, and clutch in the wheels still want to move and it doesnt like to shift gears while moving.
iv adjusted everything i can as many ways as allowable, iv double and tripple checked everthing i even went so far as to use some small washers to space the pressure plate away from the flywheel to try and get it to disingage. still with the same result as before.
if anybody could shed some light on the subject or if anybodys ran into the same problem id really appreciate it, thanks for any help guys
b8er is offline   Reply With Quote