The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-05-2008, 04:58 AM   #1
special-K
Special Order

Ok,My Plan...

I`ve decided to part out my`91 Suburban to donate to my`72 K2500.I plan to take the 4" Tuff Country EZ-rides(front & rear) and mount them on the GMC and swap the 4L80E/NP241 in place of the TH350/NP205.The GMC has 3.54:1 gears and I think this will make it a somewhat decent driver.The Dana60 is a posi and the Suburban has 12.50/35 MTRs for until I can get tires for the slots or finned wheels I have on it now.
There`s a few things to take off the Sub,then scrap it.I`m needing to consolidate and realize I can`t build umpteen million trucks like I did back in my college days (never went to college,but did used to whip through some truck builds).
What do ya think?Is my head on straight?
The GMC:

The Suburban:

The Suburban has a blown motor,stand-alone computer,and the front grille,bumper,hood,and l/f fender damaged from accident.I have another motor,bumper brackets,and 4-light core support/grille towards fixing it.Oh,and the l/r quarter panel is crunched and both 1/4s are starting to rust (It doesn`t look as good as the picture).I`ve really liked the Suburban.But,I can find another for not much money not needing all that work.It`s not alot,but,I have alot of other stuff to put my time into.It has sat for nearly two years.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 05-05-2008 at 05:02 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote