The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-11-2008, 06:09 AM   #1
54ChevyShawn

Getting my 54' 3100 soon

Hi Yall,

Namse Shawn and I'm new to the board,I have been around cars all my life and this is my 4'th car I will have owned. My first was a 1949 Chevy 3100 advanced design 5 window pick up truck, my second was a 1968 Mercury cougar with a stock 302, my 3'rd was and is a 1974 Dodge dart Swinger 318 on the side through the time i bought the cougar till now I have been building a V8 Vega it neds paint, interioir and some suspension work but other then that its just about done I will post pics!

Since I was 9 years old I have always wanted my Uncles 1954 Chevy pick up. I recently started wondering if I could get it from him some how. Now the story on this truck goes deep, It was bought by my great grand father in 1954 new he had full factory options when he passed away my grandfather got it and didnt do much to it but drive it to and from work 5 days a week he took the fender signal indicators off and bondo's the wholes, when he passed in 1973 my uncle inherited it he drove it very very little and it has now been sitting in the same place since 1978. He always said he would restore it but has come to terms and realized that he should give it tot he next generation who will treat it right. The truck is all original accept a dealer option rear bumper that was installed other then that it has 50K original miles on the 235 straight 6 and is in great condition other then the drivers side front fender wich some one hit and took off, it needs some glass, the fron drivers side fender and a stock radio but all is there. It is an original cali car and has never been out of the state it does have a little cancer but no pitting and no holes. I will post some pics soon and plans on what I'm oing to do to it!.

The truck is a 1954 Chevy 3100 5 window with the 112 horse 235 straight 6 and 3 on the tree manual.

Thank's for your time,
Shawn.

Last edited by 54ChevyShawn; 05-11-2008 at 06:11 AM.
54ChevyShawn is offline   Reply With Quote