The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-11-2008, 09:26 PM   #1
hollywood68

compressors, water trap, tank plumbing help

Rookie here trying to plan out airbag installation. I have all the parts, trying to get everything mocked up for install. I have a question regarding plumbing the air lines from the compressors to the tank. My setup consists of two Vi-Air 380's to a 5 gallon tank with 8 ports. I have a single water trap and am not sure how to plumb the two compressors to the single tank with 8 ports and a single water trap. From Vi-Air's instructions it is better to have each compressor have its own inlet to the tank. In my head this means I need two water traps and will then have no port for a drain.

Heres my thought process so far....4 ports for bags, one for pressure switch, and one for tank gauge. So this leaves me with two ports and two compressors....but one water trap. I also would think that a drain off the tank would be helpful and handy to drain water from tank on occasion.

Not to drag this out but right now I am thinking of putting a "T" off one of the bag ports and tapping that for the tank gauge. Right now my plan is to NOT attach the valves directly to the tank as I have a LWB and will be putting the tank at the very rear and want to be able to move the gas tank to the rear as well at some point. This would free up a port for a drain...but then I still need another water trap.

Any help would be appreciated. I did try to search but could not find what I was looking for.

thanks
hollywood68 is offline   Reply With Quote