The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-14-2008, 11:55 PM   #1
jp's67

Rocker box reinforcement panel?

I have start by saying that this is an awesome site. It has been a great resource for all the problems I have encountered so far.

This is my first post so I will try to get some intro pictures up for you. I'm replacing the rockers and b pillar parts and was wondering if anyone has replaced the panel behind the b pillar? This is the one that ties in the step to rocker box/caps and runs parallel to the quarter panel. If anyone has done this replacement - how hard was it? Is it just bolted in or are there spot welds mixed in? Can you replace it without taking out the rocker boxes? Is it worth it? GmcPauls appears to have this panel http://www.gmcpauls.com/pictures/69-...AssemPlate.jpg

I would just leave it alone but now that I know it's rusted out it is going to bother me until I replace it. I've had this blazer for almost a year and haven't driven it once. I can't take it anymore. It's going to be 90 out Thursday it sure would be nice to go for a spin.

My plans for this rig will be top off cruising in the summer and hunting/trail rig in the winter.

Thanks in advance for any advice on the panel replacement.
Attached Images

jp's67 is offline   Reply With Quote