The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-16-2008, 12:42 AM   #1
Daves72'GMC

Smile 1972 3/4 GMC alignment?

I have a 72' GMC 3/4 , I just had restored and I had everything replaced with moog front end parts and I took the truck down to an alignment shop and had it aligned and it seemed to drive home ok.I didn't notice anything wrong , but I didn't drive very fast going home.It sat in the garage for about 3-weeks and I was backing the truck out of the garage today and both front wheels were leaving tire marks on the cement driveway when I make a sharp left or right turn, so I took the truck back down to the alignment shop today and he said the alignment was perfect.I can only go about 50mph because the truck will wander when I hit a bump and I have to hold the steering wheel real tight to keep the truck going straight without wandering or losing control.I saw the guys alignment rack and it was very old and not electronic or digital. They had the truck inside the shop backed in. and I could see where the truck had left the same tire marks , so I asked him why this was happening and he had no excuse for why , but said the alignment was right on. Me and my wife looked at the front wheels and they look like the front of the tires are turned in and the back of the tires stick out.Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you. Should I take it to another shop?
Daves72'GMC is offline   Reply With Quote