The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-17-2008, 07:39 PM   #1
terrellautosports

Bought a New Project Yesterday - UPDATED

i bought me a new project yesterday off craigslist. i was kind of leary about the price and photos i seen. but went and looked at it and the truck is pretty solid. the rust is surface rust and will come off with a blasting. i used a little sand paper to see how bad it was, it took very little effort to get it off.

the guy i bought it from only bought the truck for the chrome grill and chrome front bumper. he said the guy had it blasted and then used the wrong primer and then let it set outside.

the rocker panels and cab corners are perfect. will only need to do a little welding on the floor on both sides. no rust on door bottoms, the inner fenders and radiator support have no rust through spots anywhere, even the known prone areas, ie, under the battery box and front of inner fenders.

it will need cab supports front and back.

i have an 86 suburban i am going to use for some parts. the motor and tranny, the front suspension(for the disk brakes), the brake booster, and anything else i can use.

plan on tubing the back, moving the gas tank to rear of bed, boxing in frame, and some other tricks i am going to do.

will keep everyone posted on project and process.

here are a few pics of the truck.

OH YEAH, I PAID $450 FOR THE TRUCK. AND IT WAS IN THE TOWN I LIVE IN, ABOUT 5 MILES FROM THE HOUSE.

Last edited by terrellautosports; 05-22-2008 at 06:37 AM.
terrellautosports is offline   Reply With Quote