The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-20-2008, 06:24 PM   #1
70rs/ss

1972 2wd Blazer; 6-lug or 8-lug susp components??

Like the title says which one? The story is that my 72 2wd Blazer came home without a rear, I have a Dana 60 8-lug trailing arm rear, as well as a 6-lug 3:73 trailing arm rear. Now here is the part I need an opinion on, I have the 8-lug front suspension as well with "BIG" discs, complete. I want to use this stuff as it would be the fastest and most $$$ effective way to get the Blazer on the road before my surgery. If I go with the 6-lug rear, I could use the lower 3/4 ton arms and build a 6-lug disc front end set-up with the late model (88-99) spindle with the heavy half 6-lug rotor, but that would cost a little more, and take some time. Time is tight as I go under the knife for a fusion of my L-4-5, S-1 and the removal of one disc (impinging the spinal cord). So if you had what I have what would you do?? I have a nice set of 16" steel wheels that would look cool with caps and lower profile 16" street rubber, or any of a million aftermarket 18, 20, 22, 24, 26" 8-lug wheels later on??? I want a set of Vectors??? (I can't remember if that is the right name, but the wheels on the General Lee!!) my only concern with the old school 8-lug aluminums is that most are 16.5" and that tire is quickly dieing out and really the only tires left in that size are truck type and my intentions are to lower it using a more performance type rubber.

In the end it'll have a 4-6" static drop, a 250 L6 and a NV3500 5-speed for now. I want to have it together and running/driving before June 10, because after that it'll be 2 months before I can pick up a piece of paper, let alone slinging car parts!! What do you think??
70rs/ss is offline   Reply With Quote