The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-21-2008, 12:54 AM   #1
Richard H.
Spanked once

Detectives, What do I have?

The guy I bought my 55 from for some summer fun isn't much help at telling me what front end this thing has. It is a 1 st series for starters and all I wanted to do was add AC to it from vintage air. But being me I can't seem to leave well enough alone. The p.o. did a lot of nice detail work to it but it seems he was totally lost at mechanical ability. Once I got the clogged two core radiator out of it to go with a new three core rad and electric fan I kept looking at the tired ole 305 that is in it.... So I bought a 350 crate for it.
This get's better , He told me it had a power glide in it , Well it?, wasn't cutting it so a board member came over "bad67-72" and let me hand him tools so he could put a fresh TH 350 that I had in it. Well to my surprise the trans we took out was a 350 with no 1st gear , just live and learn I guess. The first pic is the 305. Notice the proportion valve being used as a T fitting?
Ok for the real questions... He says the suspension is from a 68 mustang.. He also say's the engine came from a 78 Nova which has me wondering if that is also the front clip or could the guy who put it together in the first place 12 Years ago have just boxed in the rails on the 55 frame? From what the original guy did it looks like he did nice work.
I'm after getting the right motor mounts if you can help and want to know what kind of kit that is in the front. Thanks
Attached Images

Richard H. is offline   Reply With Quote