The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-22-2008, 08:17 AM   #1
MrBeast
high-Tech Red Neck

Angry Talk about a really bad day. My 72 Tows a Dodge home again.

So there is a girl I go to college with that I have become good friends with. She is a bit older than me, is actually quite attractive, but she has 5 kids. There is nothing romantic between us. Well she has a EX who she still lives with who is a total scum bag. He sold the car she had, and has done everything in his power to make her completely Co-Dependant on him. Its a really bad situation.

Having grown up in a bad situation myself, I tried doing the right thing, For Christmas I bought my roommates old car from them, and gave it to her. I figured it would be a good deal.

Well I have spent the better part of the last 5 months working on this damn car, it is a 98 Neon, I figured it would be a good deal because my Roommates wife drove it all over Texas and never had a problem with it, but in the past 5 months it has needed a new starter, Camshaft position sensor, Crankshaft Position sensor, and had a really bad electrical short that was shutting the car down, as well I have had to put a new valve cover gasket, plugs, wires, coil and so on into it.

Well tonight it started overheating and spewing out all of the water. I got the call about 3:30 and took off of work early to go play rescue ranger. I found a crack in the seal on the radiator cap, so I fixed that, got the car out to my place, ran it, and it ran just fine in my shop up on the jack stands, held water and everything. Well on the drive back into town from my shop, the car overheated again and quit about 4 miles from my house and quit running.

So I had to call a friend to grab a tow strap and bring it out to me because mine of course just so happened to be in my other truck. We hooked the Boss Hoss onto the neon and yanked it back to my place. I am happy to report that the Boss Hoss grabbed that neon and ripped it down the road like it wasn't even there, you couldn't even feel it behind the truck.

Well, as we are on our way back, Me in front in the Boss Hoss, her in tow behind me, and my friend in his truck with the kiddies, I realize that there is a 4th vehicle that has joined us. Well guess who it is, her psychopath ex.

So... we pull in, he gets out, starts screaming at her. I broke out the ole Navy Cadence voice, and let him have it, things got pretty heated, he refused to leave, It scared the hell out of me because I truly considered that I might have to shoot the man if he got violent, and as much as I dislike the guy, that is the last thing I would want to happen.

Talk about a terrible day, now tomorrow I get to go deal with a bum Neon. I really should have got the girl a Chevy. Because now instead of working on mine this week, what am I going to be doing? Fixing a Neon.

The good news is, my new welder will be here Friday, so I am really excited about that. Then its off to the races on so many projects.

I hope everyone else is having a better week.

(and im sorry, I know this isn't very truck related but I needed to vent.)