The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-06-2008, 01:57 AM   #1
Lugnut64052
Middle-aged Curmudgeon

Greetings from Truman Town

Hello all,

Glad I found this site! My dad had a '69 C20, 350/4spd when I was in junior high through high school. I learned to drive in it, adopted it as my own and have loved this series of trucks ever since. Well, I'm nearing 50, have pretty much raised my family and am carefully looking around for my project truck to fix up/restore and drive forever.

In the meanwhile, I have a cousin and close friend whose '68 C10 currently resides in my garage. It's half-way into getting a 350 throttle body motor. I've spent the last couple of days reading the threads about injected engine swaps with great interest.

Wish I'd have found this site sooner. I have the physical installation pretty much done. Got stalled with all sorts of other life going on and the project has languished for several years. Finding this site has been enough to get the fire stoked again though. Still need to plumb up the fuel and harness and then it should run.

I used to turn wrenches for a living, but I see some of the guys here are head and shoulders above what my skill level was (or still is). Even so, I'd be happy to provide the part numbers of stuff I've used in getting it set up thus far if anyone is interested.

Thanks for a great site.
Lugnut64052 is offline   Reply With Quote