The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-06-2008, 10:07 AM   #1
70~BigBlock~Project

New 70 owner in KCMO

Just bought a 1970 Custom/10 as a project for my girlfriend and I to restore together. Found this pickup on craiglist and watched the price fall for almost a month until I couldn't resist. I was pleasantly suprised to find very little rust other than the usual culprits (rockers/corners/cab supports) however this was used as a work truck and the bedsides have been beat pretty hard, but nothing a few patch panel won't clean up very nice. Plans for this truck include a 3/4 drop, disk brakes all around, A/C conversion (to keep the girlfriend happy), relocation of the gas tank (my 6'3 frame needs a little extra room!), and a 440ci BBC mated to a 5 speed out of a '97 1500.

So after looking at some of the valuable information being shared on this board I decided to sign up and share what I have to offer and hopefully glean some tricks from those who have been doing this a heck of a lot longer than I have...haha! I look forward to getting to know the crowd and especially to see how many Kansas City area members there are. Suppose I better get pack to part reasearching...er, I mean work...

Attached Images

2004 Dodge Ram...did he say "Dodge"...
70~BigBlock~Project is offline   Reply With Quote