The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-09-2008, 12:08 AM   #1
aarong67

The Project begins again.

Hello everyone from NC. I got my '67 ex-Fleetside back in '93 when i was 15 and drove it daily into college. It has been sitting for quite a while and the plan is to turn it into a daily driver again for my wife Shuana. I know it sounds crazy but she totaled her car and she wants to use insurance money fix up my truck and drive it. Great ain't she? Sorry fellas i got a ring on her first. So enough about that... I'm here to get back in the game (of working on my truck).

The first project i'm undertaking is getting rid of my 3 speed Muncie (i moved to a floor shifter) and putting in a MG5 NV3500. I've measured and i shouldn't have to cut down my drive shaft (which i replaced with a single shaft instead of the old two piece with the collar. what a difference.)
I'm going for gas mileage. This trans has a 4.016 1st gear which would let me switch out the rear end from 3.73s to ??? to be determined after i see what the new trans feels like. Plus it has a .729 overdrive. I want it to cruise at 70 at about 15-1800 RPMs. Not the 3500 RPMs that it does now. GUlp GUlp GUlp.

Any other manual trans options are welcome. Any suggestions also welcome.

I'll be getting some pics up of my projects on it over the high school years, just got to scan them in. The last time i drove it was in our wedding last September and it had been sitting before that for 3-4 years only getting drive every couple months to help someone move or something.

I got a wedding pic of it but that will have to do for now. Looking to purchase a MG5 in the next week so if anyone knows of a rebuilt one let me know or if they were any objections to putting one in... please let me know now so that you can tell me "I told you so." in a couple of weeks.

[IMG][/IMG]

Glad to be here. Back under the hood of Ol' Billy Blue.

Last edited by aarong67; 06-09-2008 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Word Editing
aarong67 is offline   Reply With Quote