The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-18-2008, 07:34 PM   #1
Hepcat13

Lightbulb Wiring problems .. question

Hey gang..

I was just wondering if anyone can help me out.. Im having an issue with my rear lights.. I Have a 65 C10 and decided to put in a real nice 67 Chevelle wheel.. Once i did i noticed the horseshoe plastic directional piece was real nasty.. I put on the wheel and def. made it worse.. no prob, so i replaced the plastic directional piece.. it came with the wiring and crescent connectors for the harness.. well I put all that on and after a couple of test cruises All the sudden my Hazards were constantly on.

I disconnected the aftermarket hazard switch prior to all this so i couldnt figure out why they would be flashing.. ( you can even hear the fuse relay flashing on the panel.. SO.. i took my meter and seen that i had constant voltage on the purple wire of the harness.. ( the orignal harness end is where i checked) i know i have constant 12v going to the brake light plug as you dont need a key to ahow brake lights but when you apply 12v via the ignition you see the hazards..

Does anyone have a wiring diag that shows everything from the firewall to the rear lights.. I did notice there was one put out on here but it didnt cover everything i needed.. it seems there is a conflict between the directionals and the brakes.. its not flashing in the front, only rear.. im sorry for the elongated
question..

Best Regards,

Jay
Hepcat13 is offline   Reply With Quote